Our client is a small and young Medical Devices organization, based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The company is part of a larger multinational with several offices around the globe. They are also a fast growing company with a constant ambition for expansion and growth, both in business objectives and product launches.
Within this position you will have responsibilities on operational, tactical and strategic levels where you will plan, organize and control the full product line from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial and corporate growth objectives.
This position has a strong focus on deliverables in an international setting.
- Participates in the market assessment, product support and development and performs product trainings.
- Provide support for the field sales force and maintain ongoing communication to assess their needs and general market trends.
- Develops and sustains effective education program and KOL management.
- Understand the clinical environment, the key decision makers, and business barriers and motivations.
- Establish and develop key internal and external relationships, including cross functional teams, other business units, sales, and key opinion leaders.
- Assess competitive activities, practices and industry trends
- Participate with the financial/sales/supply chain forecasting processes, as well as other operationally related issues such a Quality and Legal
- Provide input to product positioning and messaging and the development of the marketing mix (pricing, promotion, product, and portfolio.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a biology/human movement sciences and/or advanced degree (e.g.MS, PhD) is strongly preferred.
- 4+ years Product Management experience in the field of orthopedics, preferably in an international environment
- Experience with Orthopaedic Endoprosthetics and their use in surgical orthopedics.
- Excellent Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Other (European) languages are a plus.
- Understanding of the cost/benefit ratio is crucial combined with a strong hands-on mentality.